How can being fit and healthy empower women?
Being fit and healthy lets a woman know that she's looking after her first wealth and that's her health. And not just looking after it but ensuring that she's physically strong and flexible, allowing her body to be the tool to drive her forward mentally, emotionally, spiritually and professionally.
What differentiates your self-defence classes from others on the market?
We offer a programme that's theoretical and practical. Attendees will practise what they learn about fighting against attackers and also have the option to attend a two-hour workshop.
We also offer different levels if attendees want to learn more. The workshop is led and taught by World Karate Champion and 5th Dan Karateka, Ronald Abvajee and Hanshi Solly Said 8th Dan (the only man in Africa to be inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame).
What health, fitness and weight-loss benefits do self-defence classes have?
You tone muscles you never thought you had, your upper body and lower body get a cardio and strength workout, and you burn fat and shape and tone at the same time. Self-defence done properly is an awesome workout.
What are your five general tips for women looking to stay fit and healthy?
* Start today – don’t wait till tomorrow to start exercising and looking after your body and health.
* Get the right guidance – chat to an expert to get the right programme and advice for YOU!
* Find your motivation – whether it's to have more energy, be healthier or for your family or to lose the puppy fat. Find what motivates you to keep you on this healthy living journey.
* Eat healthy – choose healthier options when eating and follow an eating strategy that becomes a way of life rather than a fad diet.
* Find exercise you enjoy and keep at it – you must exercise. Aim for bite-size snippets if you don’t have time and train at home, at a gym, outdoors, wherever you can.
My Personal Trainer is currently running a self-defence workshop:
Morning workshop: 9am-11am, registration from 8.30am onwards.
Afternoon workshop: 12pm-2pm, registration from 11.30am onwards.
Cost of morning workshop: R400 per person.
Cost of afternoon workshop: R400 per person (SPECIAL DISCOUNT if you book two or more spots, R350 per person), this includes some snacks and drinks. Receive your certificate upon completion.
Venue: Northcliff Johannesburg
Dress: Comfortable training gear
Contact: To book email: Ronald@mypersonaltrainer.co.za or call 082 338 9090.