Form-fitting lingerie is possible! You just need to keep a few things in mind when selecting your sexiest pieces. Try these tips below:
- Ask the experts. Most lingerie stores will be able to advise you on what will work best with your body type. They’ll also take into account what does (and doesn’t) give you that boost of confidence, as well as your budget levels.
- Be willing to spend a little more. Lingerie that’s been careful crafted is going to cost you more than something you can pick up at your local clothing retailer. It’s better to get a few high-quality key pieces first and slowly build up your lingerie collection.
- Go for custom-made items. Garments like a corset need to be tailored to your precise measurements and can be one of the most comfortable items you wear. There are plenty of expert custom designers in South Africa, you just need to do a little research.
- Think about the details. If you hate having straps dig into you, try something that uses different ways to hold garments up, like built-in support. Find lace to be very scratchy? Look for pieces with thinner, more delicate fabrics.
- Experiment! Something that doesn’t grab your eye on the shelf may work better than you’d expect so set aside some time to try things on. This will make it so much easier later when you want to expand your collection and start purchasing online.
- Have a look on the web. South Africa has a plethora of good quality lingerie sites that deliver via courier. Just make sure you read the return policy carefully.
- Get properly measured and know your measurements. The importance of this cannot be understated. Women’s sizes are renowned for varying between stores and brands, but having a basic understanding of your measurements is a great starting point.
- Recheck your measurements every year. As we get older, our measurements can change due to weight loss or gain, having a baby or just the general loss of elasticity in our skin as we age.
Now that you’re a lingerie expert, consider these three stunning pieces from Désir:
Anais Donna 3-piece
The Donna 3-piece is an elegant lingerie set with vintage styling. The soft-cupped lacy bra with adjustable shoulder straps suits most bust sizes. The embroidered corset helps you to effortlessly achieve that hourglass effect, and has garter straps so you can add sexy stockings (stockings not included). A matching floral lace tanga panty completes the ensemble. Click here to buy.
Anais Candy Girl BabyDoll Set
Anais Candy Girl is an elegant yet alluring babydoll and thong set, made from silky sheer fabric with floral embroidered soft cups for perfect fit. The soft satin bow in the front adds a gentle accent to your cleavage. Click here to buy.
Anais Islla Gorgeous Plus Size Robe
Anais’ Gorgeous Islla Robe and G string provide the perfect amount of sensuality, femininity, and lux to the bedroom. With just enough coverage, the robe is made from a combination of polyamide and elastane, leaving it slightly sheer with a comfortable stretch. Click here to buy.