The make-up at Rachel Roy's Fall 2012 fashion show at New York Fashion Week was created by Bobbi Brown and her team.
This gorgeous look was created to complement Rachel Roy's Fall 2012 collection. This collection was inspired by nature, with rich colours and raw textures. The make-up look featured strong eyes in earthy tones and healthy bronze cheeks. Lips were stained with a nude tone to complete the look.
Bobbi Brown shares how to get this look in 10 easy steps:
1. Apply Hydrating Face Cream and Hydrating Eye Cream to prep the skin.
2. Usually here, I would finish the skin, but since the look incorporated a very smoky eye, I’m going to do the eye first so that the dusting of the shadows that will fall on the cheek can be easily fixed. First, apply a jewel-toned eye shadow from lash line to crease, using an eye shadow brush. Then apply a darker green eye shadow along the upper and lower lash lines using a smudge brush.
3. Next apply Ivory Shadow under the brow bone to give the eyes a lift.
4. Finish the eyes with one coat of Everything Mascara.
5. Apply Corrector/Concealer to lighten and brighten under the eye.
6. Next, apply foundation where there is redness in the skin for sheer, natural coverage.
7. Apply Sheer Finished Pressed Powder where there is any shine and to set foundation.
8. Apply blush to the apples of the cheek, blend back towards the hairline and down towards the jaw line.
9. Press a beige lip colour into the lips for a matte, natural finish using your finger.
10. For your brows, choose a colour that is the same as your brows and hair colour, and apply using a stiff bristle brush.
View the slideshow to see the make-up look.