The German sports car wins the coveted title of 2013 SA Car of the Year.
The Porsche Boxster scooped the title with 221 points from the South African Guild of Motoring Journalists (SAGMJ) jury members. Twenty-five members of the jury felt that the Boxster was the best in its segment.
Each member is given 50 points that must be allocated to not less than seven finalists, and with no more than 10 points issued to one finalist. The Range Rover Evoque managed to secure second place with just 181 points – 40 points difference between first and second place.
Final results of the 2013 WesBank / SAGMJ Car of the Year Competition
1. Porsche Boxster: 221 points
2. Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic 5-door: 181 points
3. Toyota 86 High Spec 6MT: 177 points
4. Kia Rio 1.4 TEC Hatch Manual with 144 points
5. Lexus GS 350 EX: 143 points
6. Hyundai i30 1.8 Executive: 106 points
7. BMW 320i Automatic: 104 points
8. Nissan Juke 1.6 DIG-T Tekna: 79 points
9. Opel Meriva 1.4T Cosmo: 67 points
10. Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4X4 Double-cab Auto: 56 points
11. Toyota Yaris 1.5 HSD Xs: 47 points
12. Mercedes-Benz B180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 7G-DCT: 35 points
Look out at for an in depth analysis on the Boxster coming soon!