Learn how to do your retail therapy with a click of your mouse.
Sindiso Khumalo, a freelance stylist and boutique owner, describes online shopping as a simple way of shopping for anything in the comfort of your own home. You can browse through collections of items, purchase them and have the item delivered to you within a few working days.
How to purchase products online
- Browse through the garments and products.
- If you find an item you’d like to purchase, add it to your basket.
- Enter your login details and choose whether you would like to pay using PayPal or a direct transfer.
- Purchase the item.
Payment and delivery
It’s usually a 3-5 day delivery process, but will depend on the company you use. Payments can be made via credit cards, PayPal or direct debits. Most reputable online stores should offer a 2-4 week exchange or refund period, whereas some may offer credit notes.
Tips for online shopping
- Browse, browse and browse. Shopping around is crucial, as you can get interesting ideas and shop around for the best deals.
- Do your research, visit sites like www.which.co.uk and get independent reports on various products. Visit different blogs to get independent reviews.
- Be safe: always use websites that have proper pay gates like PayPal. That way you won’t be scammed.
- Always check the refund policies.