Winter soup for skin
By: Karinda Ristic
Published: 31 May 2012
During the cold winter months, soups are a great way to warm you up from the inside – and it is also great for your skin. This vegetable soup is rich in orange-coloured veggies, like pumpkin and carrots. These veggies are rich in beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants have many skin benefits, making this a great soup for increasing your skin’s health.
Recipe for winter soup
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 carrots, chopped
300g pumpkin, diced
300g sweet potato, diced
2 garlic cloves
4 cups of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Brown the onion in the olive oil in a warm frying pan.
- Add the carrots and a couple of tablespoons of water. Cook until the carrots are soft.
- Add the pumpkin, sweet potato, garlic cloves and vegetable stock.
- Simmer until pumpkin is soft (about 30-40 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend in a food processor and serve.
Copyright © 2010 DESTINYCONNECT.COM