MCCAIN PUMPKIN BROWNIES
4 large eggs
500g McCain pumpkin chunks, cooked
125ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
125ml (1/2 cup) low fat milk
500ml (2 cups) nutty wheat flour
125ml (1/2 cup) castor sugar
125ml (1/2 cup) pecan nuts, chopped
10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
2ml (1/2 tsp) baking soda
10ml (2 tsp) cinnamon
2ml (1/2 tsp) salt
50g milk chocolate, melted
Makes 25-30 brownies
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
• Add the cooked pumpkin, canola oil and milk to the eggs and mix well.
• In a separate bowl, combine the flour, castor sugar, pecan nuts, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
• Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine.
• Lightly grease (with a canola oil spray) a large baking tray.
• Pour the pumpkin mixture into the baking tray and spread it evenly. Bake the brownie mixture for 25-30 minutes.
• Once the brownies are baked, let them cool and cut into squares.
• Melt the chocolate so that it is very runny, so that it can be easily drizzled over the pumpkin brownies.
• Once the brownies are cooked and cut into squares, drizzle with the melted chocolate and serve.
MCCAIN CHUNKY BROCCOLI SOUP
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick (without leaves), finely chopped
320g (1/2 punnet) mushrooms, diced
100g (8-10 slices) lean ham, diced
10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour
500ml (2 cups) low sodium chicken stock
15ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
500g McCain broccoli
500ml (2 cups) low fat milk
• In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, celery, mushrooms and ham in the olive oil.
• Mix in the cake flour.
• Add the chicken stock and parsley to the sautéed ingredients and boil for 5 minutes.
• Break the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces. Pre-cook it in the microwave for 5-8 minutes.
• Add the broccoli to the mixture in the saucepan.
• Gradually add the milk to the soup mixture. Stir continuously and bring to the boil once all the milk is added.
• Serve with a sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese or a slice of toasted wholegrain bread.