We asked celebrity singer and businesswoman LeAnne Dlamini, who has a huge love for make-up, to share her must-have products and top make-up techniques.
What’s your attitude to make-up?
I wear make-up to enhance my natural beauty, not to look like a completely different person. I love a clean natural glow when wearing make-up, although when I’m on stage it’s a different story: more is more and I just want to shine.
Ultimate beauty must-have?
A great highlighter, I’m obsessed with my Anastasia highlighters as they’re amazing and make me sparkle like a star.
LeAnne’s top make-up essentials
Great foundation, my top two are Clarins Everlasting Foundation and Make-up Forever Ultra HD.
Liquid lipsticks that are matt, minus the dry factor are also a must. There are many great ones on the market.
DESTINY loves lip oils: Lancôme Juicy Shaker Lip Oil in Lupita Nyong’o’s star shade #283 Berry in Love, R270.
LeAnne’s top 3 essential make-up techniques
- Knowing how to fill in your eyebrows correctly is a must.
- How to contour and highlight your nose for an instant nose job!
- How to do a cat eye
DESTINY’s product recommendations:
For eyebrows: La Palette Sourcils De Chanel, R810
To highlight and contour: NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Kit, R395
Perfect those lines: The Body Shop Bold Oversized Felt Eyeliner, R160
LeAnne’s beauty confession . . . I spend more on make-up than I do on clothes and shoes!
Lucky Smyler’ s top tips and must-have products
1) Milk of Magnesia: J-lo still uses it, Patti LaBelle still uses it . . . and I still use it on Viola Davis and others. It’s the best primer on the planet!
2) When I’m short of a pair of double lashes, I do a single coat of mascara, recoat and reapply the mascara multiple times to get a false lash look.
3) Urban Decay de Slick Spray: It is the finishing touch to any make-up application for long wearability. It’s also shine-free and transfer-free!
Smooth out pores and add longevity to your make-up with Elizabeth Arden’s Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer, R365.
To achieve fuller, longer, thicker lashes try Estée Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Defining Lift and Fan Mascara in Knockout 01 Black, R345.
Keep your make-up fixed all day for that ‘just applied’ look with a spritz of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Fixing Mist, R200.