Whether you’re a chef, home cook or an expert in making reservations, you want to get familiar with these restaurants that have been hailed as the best in the world by TripAdvisor.
Compiled using an algorithm that assesses millions of reviews from world travellers, the much-anticipated list of the top-rated restaurants in the 2018 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants Awards has been announced to the joy of serious foodies.
Leading the pack is Michelin star-awarded French restaurant Au Crocodile in Strasbourg – a region famous for delicacies like wine-pickled cabbage.
While the top three restaurants are in Europe, South Africa’s very own La Colombe in Constantia, Western Cape, features at an impressive sixth position.
Nestled on the Silvermist organic wine estate, with chef Scot Kirton at its helm, the restaurant describes itself as offering “the freshest seasonal produce, uncomplicated clean flavours and classical elegance.”
Here’s are the top 10 restaurants in the world according to Tripadvisor:
- Au Crocodile, Strasbourg, France
- Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham, UK
- Restaurant Benazuza, Cancun, Mexico
- La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa
- TRB Hutong, Beijing, China
- Ristorante Villa Crespi, Orta San Giulio, Italy
- The Grove, Auckland, New Zealand
- David’s Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand