The end of the year has arrived, and with it comes the highly anticipated season of family, fun and food.
Chef Martin Kobald, vice president of the World Association of Chefs Societies, has developed recipes to jazz up the traditional Christmas table. He came up with this chicken wings recipe that will make you a hit this festive season.
It includes ‘PEPPADEW® sweet piquanté peppers, which can “add spectacular flavour and aesthetic value to your cooking,” says Kobald.
200g blue cheese
100g cream cheese
2kg chicken wings
200g chicken mince
40g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
5g panko crumbs
1 parsley sprig finely chopped
15ml olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Separate the drumette from the wing through the joint. Keep the 2 variations separate and chilled until required
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, chicken mince, half of the blue cheese, finely chopped chilli
- PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers, breadcrumbs and parsley stuffing
- Place the stuffing into a piping bag with a small nozzle, fill each wing and fold over each wing to enclose. Wrap the wing tightly with cling wrap in a cylinder shape, leaving the winglet bone exposed.
- Poach the stuffed wings in simmering, salted water for approximately 15 minutes or until firm. Set aside in a fridge to cool. Once chicken wings have cooled, remove cling wrap and discard.
- Toss the drumettes in a bowl with oil, salt and pepper. Scatter on to a tray and place in a preheated oven at 180⁰ C for 15 minutes. Remove and chill until needed.
- To make sauce, heat cooking cream to a light simmer, then remove from the heat and add remaining blue cheese. Stir through until melted.
- Place both types on a preheated barbecue or griddle pan and cook until charred and heated through.
Serve chicken drizzled with blue cheese sauce or on the side.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Source: www.peppadew.com